Bang on the knee, painful bruising on knee, sharp deep pain in knee on touching medial condyle. Chances of chipped bone?

Last Tuesday I fell on the ice banging up my knee very badly. There has been bruising at the base of my knee and that is rather painful. As well at major swelling . I have iced it for a little bit but not much. But my concern is near the medial tibial condyle. When touched it sends sharp pain deep into my knee though there isn t any bruising in this area. I have no trouble walking, but when I stand too long or walk longer then planned by then i form a slight limp. Another thing is that it starts to grind when i move it. also i cannot fold my leg all the way. Most pain is when it s touched. My question is there a chance it has been chipped? And what do I need to do to heal it?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013