Bacterial infection on the forehead. Prescribed with closeone gel. Cured but scar present. What to do?

HI Doctor, Good morning! my son was infected by bacteria on his forehead , for that doctor priscribed a closeone gel, with that gel infection got cured but white patch happend on his infected area....its been a 6 months now still it is there and also it is 2inch long it is looking odd, What should I do now? Could you please guide me what i have to do Regards, Srinivas
Asked On : Fri, 10 Aug 2012
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

What he seems to have got is a white patch due to the application of the steroid . It will take some time for it to resolve . most of the lesions resolve on their own . HOwever the duration of the wait cannot be predicted.
I would suggest you to meet a Dermatologist who would prescribe certain pigment stimulating medication creams.

Thanks and Takecare