Back pain, suspicion of nerve issue and muscle damage. No relief with hot fomentation, painkillers, physiotherapy. How can I relieve pain?

Hi, I have a query about weakness of nerves. I have been suffering from back pain for the past 2 weeks. I met an ortho. He diagnosed and prescribed medication for pain relief and a 5 day physiotherapy session. I am done with my physiotherapy sessions. The physio initially said, the pain might be because I might have damaged my muscle badly. I did not get hurt. Neither did I involve in some straining physical activity. I did not have any relief from the physiotherapy sessions. Later on the 5 day of my session, the physio said, it might be some nerve issue. He wasn t very sure of it. I was asked to use hot bag for pain relief. I follow it, but I do not find any relief. I have pain in multiple areas. Starting from my neck (backside, sides), till the shoulder blade. Can you suggest me what I am supposed to be doing to get relieved from this pain. Thanks a lot in advance
Asked On : Tue, 17 Jul 2012