Back pain, dipstick shows traces of blood in urine, Dr said maybe kidney stone. Irregular spotting, cramping. Any advice ?

It started 4 days ago when I was awaken by a pain on the right lower side of my back that kept me up all night, I went to the doctor and a dipstick showed trace blood in my urine but no leukocytes. Dr. said I could be trying to pass a kidney stone . I was also having some slight headaches , which felt like sinuses (ENT check was clear). He advised to drink plenty of fluids and wait a few days. In the last couple of days I am experiencing the same pain in the back that comes and goes plus urine frequency/urges with sometimes it taking sitting on the toilet for a few minutes before being able to start, no burning but some pressure. I have also experienced some cramping (feeling like premenstrual cramping) all on my right side. I have the Mirena (4 yrs and due to come out in July 2013) and in the last few weeks I have had irregular spotting and one episode of a heavy bleed , but nothing lasting more than a day. I am 99.9% positive I am not pregnant. I tested my urine again today with a dipstick and still showing traces of blood in my urine. Putting all my symptoms together I am now wondering if I should be consulting my OB/GYN instead of my GP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  55 Awaiting Answer