Back pain. Ultrasound showed swollen kidney. Given morphine. What else can be done?

my daughter is !* years old she has been suffering with back pain for a year and for the past few months the pain has radiated to the front on her rite side to make a long story short and after ultrasound and cat scan her rite kidney is swollen her pain is more than a ten they gave her morphine for pain and than after 7hrs sent us home to wait for appt for renal scan in the meantime what else can she do besides pills wich she is taking should she have no salt and cranberry juice im very worried as her mother thankyou for your time
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013