Back pain. MRI shows change in vertebra. Taking novartis nasal spray. Advice the necessary test to be done?

My mother (50 yr) is suffering from back pain . MRI detected a slight change in D12 vertebra but no injury happened. She was advised a Novartis Nasal Spray and been taking it from past 45 days but their is no relief. Now some doctor want to do a Bio scan and one doctor have advised some blood test like TC/DC, ESR , TB PCR. Please advise the necessary test required to detect BONE TB and what all disease can occur as per symptoms defined above.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012