Back and leg pain, testicular pain radiating around from back and into testes. Lumbar MRI showed herniation and nerve root compression. Cause of testicle pain?

Hi, my husband has been having back pain and pain in his legs. His recent Lumbar MRI revealed herniation at L5-S1 and compression on the nerve root . He also had pain radiating around from back into his testicles. So i have two questions: 1. Could this testicle pain be from the herniation and nerve root compression? 2. What should we do from here? The family physician ordered him to go to a gastrointerologist for other stomach pains he was having and he has an appoinment for a testicular ultrasound . The family doctor never referred him to an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation. I appreciated whatever guidance you may be able to give. Toniann
Asked On : Mon, 16 Jul 2012