Baby having red patch in the foot, spreading to another. Having loss of apetite, fever, cranky, tiredness. Suggestions?

My 19month toddler has a red patch that started on the bottom of his left foot , in the middle. Sometimes it would getvreally red and then sometimes it would lighten up. Today it is covering his entire left foot and now I see what looks like his right foot is starting to have the beginning signs of whatever this is. He has no new shoes and is not allergic to anything that we know of. After the rash was noticed he did have a loss of appetite , a fever for days, cranky and tired personality. The doctor told me it was an ear infection and he must have stepped on something that he was allergic to. Now its getting worse, what do I do?
Asked On : Mon, 12 Nov 2012