Baby having fever, passing loose stools, vomitting. Diagnosed viral infection. Prescribed calpol, advent forte, enterogermina. Opinion?

Hi! Doc,

My son is 6 months old with 8 kg weight. He is having high fever (102 degree) since 4 days..... Paediatric has given him calpol drops- 1.2 ml;advent forte - 2 ml and enterogermina ......
Advent forte was prescribed yesterday.... I ve just given 1 dose and since then he is passing loose stools( though the stools were little watery earlier also) and now he is started vomiting also..... According to dr. It is viral infection which will take 5 days to settle.
Would like your opinion on this case, as well as would like to know if I can discontinue advent ?
Pl. suggest....

Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013