Baby has high fever, lethargy, stomach, hand pain. Taken Rectal panadol. Treatment?

3 year old is spiking temps( 39.4) last 4 days very letargic complaining of stomach and hand pain .not tolerating orla panadol our neurofen .taking rectal panadol temp reducing but still febrile 37 .5 .i have brought him to ed yesterday they ran no tests just advised top keep a close eye on him . i am very concerned .my child has had virsus in the past and yhis time very differend and prolonged .worried hope you can give some advise cheers jo
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012