Baby fell from cribs, bump between soft spot and forehead. Suggestions?

Hi, my one year old baby fell out of her crib 2 months ago. I didn t see it happen, so I didn t know exactly how she fell. When I felt her head, I noticed a long and narrow bump between her soft spot and her forehead . I m not sure if this bump was caused by the fall, but two months later it s still there. What could this be? Does she need to be examined? Her soft spot hasn t fused yet, is it possible that this will resolve itself?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Feb 2013

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

The bump is due to a scalp hematoma which developed after the fall 2 months ago.

Nothing to worry as it is not causing any discomfort to the child and it usually spontaneously resolve gradually.

In next well baby visit you can show the lump to Pediatrician and get examined.

Soft spot (anterior fontanel ) will fuse by the 18 months of age so still there is time to close.

Hope I have answered your query.