Attacks of fainting spells, multiple sclerosis, episodes occur around periods, high pulse rate. Causes and treatment?

hello.I am 40 years old and have been getting these awful attacks of near fainting spells.I do have multiple sclerosis .usually once to twice a month and usually around my period i get these sometimes can start off with me feeling sick inmy stomach and thne suddenly i will feel like im gonna pass out and my heart rate jumps up with it as high as 180 bpm. i feel as though i can not breath and it scares me terribly. sometimes i can just feel so out of breath and then the near fainting spell will come on, i went o my heart dr and he did a ekg and echo and both were fine.i wore monitors for 5 weeks and they did catch one of my attacks of the heart rate being 179 bpm.they then tiold me it was a tachycardia arrythmia . now i went yesterday and had a repeat of the ekg and echo and al was fine and dr said this seems like i have pots.but he doesnt take his time with me to explian everything. he told me to have a tilt table test to confirm it but i am scared to death of this test due to my fear of passing my question is could this really be pots.i am dizzy all the time i black out alot when i stand blood pressure is usually around 92/65 when i stand up.the lowest i have had is 89/58..that should give you and idea of my usual blood pressure.but when i have these attacks of high heart rate it usually jumps up to 135/90 sometimes higher. if i didnt mention it before i get this attack usually once a month and usually a few daysbefore myeriod.this month i got the attack on my second day of my cycle.oh and always in the mornings is when these attacks occur.the latest i ever had one was around 12:30 in the afternoon, i have an 11 year old son and i barely go anywhere with him now due to my fear of passing out.and im always short of breath. i always feel like i can not breath.its like a fish with out water. is this part of this pots. thanks for taking the time to read this.
Asked On : Wed, 11 Jul 2012