Are there physical therapy exercises to prevent toe problems?

I have developed claw toes in both the toe next to my big toe and the one next to that. I broke my leg in several places and was in a cast & wheelchair for over 8 months. Since out of casting and the wheelchair I am still in an orthopedic shoe since I m unable to get into a regular shoe due to swelling. My orthopedic surgeon mentioned that I have developed claw toes and they seem to be getting worse. I ve had several previous foot surgeries--hammer toe, bunionectomy, and none of them involved these toes. Are there any physical therapy motions , exercises I can do to keep this from getting worse?? I m still having healing issues w/my leg (tibia broken in 3 places, fibula broken in half) and I can only deal w/1 serious issue at a time. Thanks for your help.........................Susan
Asked On : Sun, 26 Jan 2014