Are ovulation kits available and how to use them ?

Dr can you tell me is there is any ovalution kit available in market to know ur exact date of ovalution want to get pregnant . want to know when exactly i m ovaluating. is there is any ovalution predictor kit availbale in market. and is that is helpul
Asked On : Mon, 11 Apr 2011
Hi !
Yes, ovulation kits are available in market which detect a hormone-LH in urine 2-3 days before ovulation.Other methods at home are seeing changes in mucus,BBT -temp.
If you have regular menses,then have sex during unsafe period which I will recommend. It is certainly worth trying for at least a few months before looking at other ways to detect ovulation.

OBGYN Dr. Nidhi Sharma Chauhan's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic. there are kits available to detect ovulation. however they may not be useful for someone who has irregular menses. also do not panic and get the ovulatio kit right away. there are certain other very important and simple things one must try. also i hope yu have had a session of pre conceptional counselling before you start planning a pregnancy.