Anxious, tingling hands, trembling legs. On alprazolam, zoloft. What to do?

I m type -A and for years kept my adrenaline pumping constantly. I get excited over even the little things in life. I coach(two sports until this year), teach, am a husband, father of two. My schedule for years has been exciting but fast pace. Consequently, anxiety has set in. After this football season, I began a very tough workout regiment. I did cardio 7 days a week, weights 5 days at 4:30 am. and would get in the bed around 11. I would not eat good until the evening hours when I got home. Some times my hands will tingle, sometimes they would draw up like all the oxygen and blood was leaving them. A month ago I got a virus. It knocked me out over a week. I began having some axiety then and insomnia set in. My legs would tremble some at night. My doctor put me on Alprazolam (0.5mg). I finally took some and got better. My daughter plays volleyball and we have been running like crazy out of town and getting back on Sunday in time to unpack and get ready for the next day. Yesterday, we got home (Sunday) early in the afternoon. I sat down and didn t know what to do with myself. I became nervous trying to relax. It was like I didn t know how. I don t think I ve really ever learned to relax....I m always in a fight/flight mode even when having fun, teaching, socializing, eating, etc.....does this make doctor also gave me zoloft but I have not taken it. My anxiety come in the form of fear, displacement, etc....
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013