Ankles swollen. Reddish, brownish patches around ankles. Suggestions?

I have been swollen ankles for the past 4 days and in the past 6 months I have developed reddish, brownish patches of skin around the ankles the skin varies at time it will be bigger and more red at times and other times more brown. I am overweight and a mother of 4, I have had swollen ankles before because I have been on my feet for very long time, sometimes after work since I have been sitting for a long time, but ths time I have been active recently and still have them the skin patches worry me I have not had those before
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013