Anguish, impulsiveness, feeling of hatred due to disrupted and abusive past. How can I overcome it?

hi there, ive had quiet a disrupted & hard life. i was abused when i was younger & my single parent mum was an abusive alcoholic. im now 20 & in a relationship but im always uptight , angry & cry alot. i just feel like the whole world is against me & im more wiiling to be there for everyone around me than they are for me
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for your query
Your problem is understandable. You need to move out of the past and you have start to learn to look at every relationship in a new light. Not every person you come across will be your mum. You need to trust more. Can i suggest you have a pet? If that is feasible. Animals are loving creatures and very trustworthy. They also teach you responsibility on your own. As for your current relationship is concerned, its going to have its highs and lows. The problem is that you may feel them exaggerated in you. You should enjoy the better parts of your relationship but not be too dependent on it. If you have some hobbies, its time to pursue them. If you like travelling, do so. Instead of trying to do everything together in your relationship, try to do things that you both like. Consult a psychologist. He can help you more. Hope that helps
God bless you