Clinical depression, suicidal, abusive childhood, living in hatred, sadness. Treatment?

XXX is 54 years old. Two years ago, XXXX called his 84 year old mom to say he was going away. XXXX wanted to throw himself in front of a train. Mom managed to talk him out of it. XXXX entered therapy for a time. XXXXX felt if Mom lived, he could continue living. XXXX was assessed with clinical depression and meds were recommended. XXXX dropped out of therapy and never took meds. Today, XXXX called his now 86 years old mom and said, you are the reason I have nothing today, you tried to kill yourself to keep me with you, you hate me. Mom assured XXXXX she always loved him and said she was sorry for any pain she may have (or may not have) caused in the past. XXXX is the second child of an abusive, alcoholic father who left the family when XXXX was 21 years old. XXXXX always wanted a relationship with dad but dad hated and belittled XXX. Dad died sober and estranged from his family. XXXX never married but lived with a woman for a long time. My questions are these: 1. Is XXX suicidal? 2. Is XXXXX going through the stages of grief? He was depressed when wanting to kill himself and now he is angry. 3. I am XXXXX older sibling . XXXXX hates and will not talk to me because of past issues. I am concerned about the emotional stress this has on my 86 mom. She was exhausted after XXXX phone call. What can I do to make certain that XXXX doesn t kill himself? What can I do to make certain this doesn t harm my mom?
Asked On : Tue, 24 Jul 2012