Anal itching since 6 months, red / purple due to scratching, tried Lotrimin AF. Any idea ?

Hi I have had anal itching for about 6 months now. It started just around the anus and now it s grown to be about 2-3 inches in a large radius around the anus. It started itching a bit but now is overwhelming. I can t help but itch it for relief and it ends up giving me grief as it s painful and raw. I notice that the skin is very red/purple from scratching and the skin is almost a glossy/scaly look. when scratching, the skin flakes off. I have tried certain cremes like coritzone and Lotrimin AF but nothing has helped. The only thing that has actually seems to give me any relief is when I use Monistat 7 around the area (my girlfriend had a yeast infection awhile back and I thought maybe what I had was fungal ). It only helps for some time though and I would need to reapply or the itching worsens. Any idea what this might be and anything else I can try? Thanks, AAAA
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012