Am on Mirena, had unprotected sex, have brown discharge. Concerned

I have been on Mirena for almost 8 months now and havent had a period since a week after having it put in since I was on the Depo shot right before. I have been having unprotected sex and now suddenly I am having a period again it seems, but it is a brownish like blood and kinda heavy out of no where? I havent had a period in awhile so I am concerned for this sudden apperance and because it looks almost like what my periods did when I found outI was pregnant before? What could this be? Should I had the Mirena removed?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012