Am 6 months pregnant, stomach heaviness when standing, urinating often. Should I be worried?

Hi I am a couple of days from being 6mths preggo and I am experiencing a heaviness in the lower part of my stomach . It especially feels heavy when standing. Also I have had to urinate more than often on today. It almost feels as if the baby has dropped lower. I did have sexual intercourse today and it felt really awkward down there afterwards like a heaviness. My question is should I be worried? Thanks so much for your time....
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012
The feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen during pregnancy is a normal finding. This happens due to lax abdominal muscles. This is not a worrisome finding and you should feel better after taking adequate rest.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine Dr. Srividhya's  Response
Hi, feeling of heaviness in the lower abdomen is common but however if its persisting then needs to be evaluated. Just check whether you have any urinary infection which can also have similar symptoms ( frequent urination and lower abdominal dull pain). Probably because of sexual intercourse, you may be having pressure symptoms. Just wait for some more time, take a shower and if it still persists then meet your gynecologist.
Hopefully i have helped you.