Am 2 weeks pregnant, have fibroids. Do I have to wait 8 weeks for abortion?

Hey Doc, My girlfriend just found out she is pregnant (maybe 2 weeks). She does have fibroids as well. We have both agreed that termination is best for both of our positions. One doctor told us that we would have to wait 8 weeks before we can do so to wait for an ultrasound? Does that make sense? Her pregnancy is based off blood work and levels, so no ultrasound has been seen yet obviously. I just wanted to see if that was accurate that we would have to wait 8 weeks to have the ultrasound prior to an abortion ... Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Sun, 2 Sep 2012