Allergic asthma, taking betacort since long time, seems to be ineffective now. What else can be taken?

from child hood I suffered allergic asthma , I was very lean with bad looks, glowless skin etc. In my 21st year I happened to know about one doctor in bangalore who was a specialist in treating such type of diseases and cunsulted him. He gave me betocort and other medicines which trasformed my life. I became within a short period a very good looking person with good sking and above all full of energy. For a few years I was good, for may years I was not so good as I was in the beginning. Now I am 54, the betocort is not working and the effect of my taking the drug is that my skin has become lustless and very dull and it is so bad that people are staring at me. I want you to give me any suggestion for a medicine which I can take in place of betocort.
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012