Alcoholic, neck, back pain, pus pockets on back of tongue. Tonsils removed previously. Liver problem?

I'm a 21 year old male college student who has been regularly been consuming alcohol since I was about 16. Recently (1-2 months) I've been getting some slight neck & back pain.. Over the past 2 or so days it's gotten a lot more frequent & tonight I noticed pus pockets all over the back of my tongue. I had my tonsils removed in the 4th grade due to frequent strep & tonsilitis & haven't had the pus pockets reappear since... I'm just trying to figure out whether or not to go to the ER.. Before my tonsils were taken out I was hospitalized for a week due to a drastically low white blood count. Do you think this is liver related?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013