Alcohol addict with high blood pressure. On ramapril. Can I increase medication?

hello doctor i am a 51 yr old male, 6 4 225 lbs, heavy drinker and now approx 15 lbs from ideal weight- quite active and otherwise in good health- last 3 yrs blood pressure under control weight around 215 lbs - consistent in the 125/80 s & have been on medication ramapril/ norvasc daily - the last 3 months my bp has mesasured approx 140/100?...should i increase my medication or try to reduce weight slowly back down to see if my bp returns to normal. thank you
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013