1. Von Willebrand's blood disease requires extra caution and care during and after surgery to avoid excessive bleeding (hemorrhage). Discuss this with your team of doctors.
2. The resultant healing process and fibrosis
near the palate following tonsillectomy
may cause a change in the resonance of your voice. Hence you should discuss with your surgeon the use of a method which causes the least tissue damage and fibrosis, keeping your medical history in mind.
3. If your tonsils are enlarged, you may also experience an improvement in your voice along with a decrease in frequency of attacks of pharyngitis
4. There is always a small possibility of vocal cord damage during intubation
for general anesthesia
which may be temporary or permanent.
5. Your ear tubes may also temporarily alter you hearing slightly, which you may interpret as change in your own voice.
6. You may not be able to sing to your full capacity in the immediate post operative period. Allow a healing period of up to four to six weeks.