After how many days of missed period will a HPT show positive result ?

i miscarried dec 2nd of 2010. i didnt get a period until feb of 2011. i have had 2 since then and they have been 28 days apart exactly. my husband and i have ttc since the miscarriage . my period is now 4 almost 5 days late and i had a neg hpt this morning. i should prolly mention it was a cheap dollar hpt. i have also been experiencing diarrhea as well as fatigue. could i be pregnant but just not far along to read on a hpt help.
Asked On : Mon, 4 Apr 2011