Advised to take microgynon pill to stop the periods for a smear test. Heavy bleeding with severe abdominal cramps after the medication. Is this normal?

My doctor has me on the pill (microgynon 30ed) to stop my period so i can be sent for a smear test, as it lasted for weeks on end with a few days break in between. Started 3 and a half weeks ago. Im now on the 4th week which is the blank week and i have started my period again. The bleeding is really heavy and im suffering extreme abdominal and quite bad back pain which is making managing daily tasks impossible at the moment. Is this normal?
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  43 Awaiting Answer