Advised to take medication for hypothyroidism. Opt for naturopathy?

Hi, I am a 30 year old woman. Recently I got my blood test done and my TSH is 3.8. My doctor advised me to start off with the medication for hypothyroidism . From what I understand, once we begin taking the medication, we probably have to take it for a lifetime? I am concerned about starting the medication. After all, we use the medication to supplement the deficiency of hormones produced by the thyroid gland, but it doesn t really treat the thyroid gland itself. Can I opt for naturopathy or some other way to aid my condition? Thanks
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012