Advised to lose weight due to PCOS. Frequent periods. What is happening?

I recently went to my OB/Gyn doctor for irregular and missed periods. i hadn t had one in over six months. My doctor confirmed that i had pcos and advised i loose weight... Since my visit with him on the first week in Jan i have lost exactly 10 lbs.. i had a period the first week in February it lasted seven days. Now I am having another period. it isn t spotting it is like a regular period. this started on Tuesday.... I can t get a hold of my doctor and he is booked until my appointment in April.. i just want to know what this is.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Feb 2013