Advised for supracervical hysterectomy. Cyst in the ovaries, fibroids in uterus. Need information on laparoscopic surgery

I was advised of the need for a supracervical hysterectomy . Remove both ovaries, both fallopian tubes and uterus (leaving cervix ). I ve had four ultrasounds and one MRI since January 2012. Cysts in the right ovary continue to get bigger. Cyst in left ovary has disappeared for now. have fibroids in uterus and in ovaries (I believe?) as well. My obgyn , who I really like - and he has delivered my children, said HE would perform a c-section type hysterectomy. Or, if I would like to try laprascopic, he will refer me to a colleague to see if I am a candidate. Comments are very much appreciated.
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012