Acute pain in lower abdomen chills and fever. Prescribed Ciprofloxacin, lot of fleeces built up. Is pelvic pain due UTI?

Hi, i recently had an acute lower abdominal pain (right below the navel) last week together with chills and low-grade fever. I went to the doctor and he did a urinalysis and found it to be infected.He therefore prescribed ciprofloxacin . And told me that if this does not work then it could be a full blown pelvic inflammatory disease and I need to come back for further blood tests. The pain has reduced with the prescribed antibiotics. However, I still feel an uncomfortable feeling in the pelvic area. As though I have a lot of faeces built up. And my bowel movements has gotten a lot more in a day. So now im beginning to wonder if the pelvic pain was because of a urinary infection/ PID or is it a colo-rectal problem. How should I go about this?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013