Acute muscle pain, high BP, diabetes, legs and hands swollen. On herbal oil. Further?

My 70 years old mother who is diabetic having high blood pressure suffering acute muscle pain, when she visit local doctor he told she is having less blood count that is the reason she is experiencing muscle pain even she afraid of giving blood sample to test her sugar level because she complains that muscles pain last once given sample for about a week further finding vain to extract blood from her body also became trouble some because her hands and legs swallen. She started applying herbal oil (thailam) wherever painining but even this is not working what we should do? Is that less blood count is the reason for pain if yes is there is any way to improve blood count by taking any particular food she refuse to take multiple tablets/capsuls. Please suggest some remedy for my mother’s suffering.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013