Acute case of bronchitis, blood in spit, back pain, physical exertion hurts, chest pains. Why?

Hi, I have been having problems since october of2012. It started with what the doctors called an acute case of bronchitis which lasted 2 1/2 months. then I noticed blood in my spit but only after lying on my back for a spell. Had a CAT scan done for obvious reasons which came back clear. Everything is good in my lungs and throat as far as the tests show. My current condition is still sub standard though. I can not spontaniously laugh without coughing or even yawn properly. when i cough or sneeze my chest hurts badly rite in the center. cold weather or physical exersion throws me onto a coughing fit as well.I have not coughed any blood up for 1 month now but the pain in my chest worries me. I am 42 years old and was very physically active ( weight training,elliptical etc.) The only bad thing is I smoked. I haven't smoked my whole life but have struggled with it. I have smoked 5 of last 10 years just to give you an idea. I have quit again for 2 months now but it hasn't seemed to make a difference. since this all began I haven't gone to the gym or done anything to extreme because I can't. My doctor says to wait till the weather gets warm....He figures thats the only thing holding me back. If this pursists after spring he said he would get more tests done. My problem with this is, I don't know if he is looking at all my issues or not. I have never had any virus linger on before and honestly have lost my patience.

Asked On : Tue, 2 Apr 2013