Acid reflux, hiatus hernia. On omeprazole. Alcohol safe to drink?

Hi, following a 2-year history of acid reflux (which was managed by 20mg omeprazole once daily), I had an OGD today and the doctor diagnosed a 3cm rolling hiatus hernia . The nurse who talked to me after the endoscopy told me I would be able to drink alcohol moderately provided I ate something with the alcohol. She said I could drink 4-6 beers in a night and not cause harm but this seems excessive to me? I do not want to go out and drink every night but I m a 23 year-old student and would like to have a couple of beers with my friends maybe once a fortnight. How much alcohol is safe to drink with my condition? Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013