Acid reflex disease. Taking medication, condition improved but frequent pain in stomach, cramps. Suggestions?

I am 27 years old and have had acid reflux disease all my life. I just recently (December) started taking a medication for it and it has seemed to help alot. However, I have a frequent pain in my stomach, sometimes causing me to double over with cramping, and this morning there was bright red blood in my stool...I am nervous about going to the doctor because I have no insurance, but am worried about this new development.
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013