hi i'm an achalasia patient in pakistan peshawar and doctor adivised me that i have to operation but i dont want to ! the lower end of oesophagoes has smooth tapering narrowing and proximally dilalel. the contrast triddes in spunts of thin jets
Asked On : Sun, 18 Apr 2010

i need answer of my question please help me n give me some good advise

but what i do is it operation is compulsory or not for this disease or there iz other way if there iz then please help me

the lower end of oesophgoes has smooth tapering operation is compusory or not?

Gastroenterologist Dr. Gourdas Choudhuri's  Response
Hello, Achalasia cardia can be treated by non-surgical methods too. The problem of Achalasia cardia is due to the muscles of the lower esophagus being strong and tight, and not being able to relax when the food goes down. A simple method is to stretch these muscles with a high pressure balloon. The procedure takes around 15 minutes, does not require surgery and can be often done as an out patient procedure.This helps around 70% of patients, who therefore may not require surgery. I hope I have answered your query. GC