Absence of period. HCG low. Advised scan for checking cyst. Should I be concerned?

I am 53 yrs old and have not had a period for 2 yrs. Recent blood test showed HCG level 11. Subsequent test 5 days later showed same level at 11. Slightly high but not rising. I am definitely not pregnant. Doctor gave me a thourough exam and said all looks fine but should go for a scan to check for cysts etc. She didn t seem to think it was urgent so waiting to go through public health system - 2 to 3 months. Should I be concerned? Do some people just have higher hormone levels than others without there being a sinister cause?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013