Abscess drained out. Tooth removed which was giving trouble. White stuff around gum line, swelling still there. Is this skin or drainage?

I had an abcess drained on friday in emergency room. monday got the drain taken out as well as the tooth that was causing the trouble. I noticed white stuff around my gum line where drain was. Is this skin or drainage? I tried to remove it gentle but wouldnt come out. Also there is still swelling along my jaw line. Should I be concerned or is this just part of the process?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jun 2012