Abdominal pain post intake of amoxicillin for UTI, medicine had crossed expiry date

I was prescribed amoxicillin 500 mg 2x daily to treat a UTI . We had an unused bottle of the same dosage of amoxicillin capsules in our cabinet. The prescription was filled July 2010 with a September 2013 expiration date. So, I just took those. It s been two days (4 dosages) and I ve developed intense low and mid abdominal pain . Is it possible those capsules had expired already? If so, I m not sure if it s good enough to just stop taking them and get the new prescription filled. Any insights are most appreciated
Asked On : Sun, 27 May 2012