Abdominal pain, gall stones. Laproscopic surgery advised to remove gall bladder. Surgery required?

My wife is suffering from light abdomen pain,then I went to doctor and I was informed that the cause for the pain is due to formation of stone in gallbladder whose size is 5 mm. Doctor suggested us to go for lacroscopic surgery to remove the whole gallbladder instead of recurring it by undergoing medications for some determined period. Kindly clarify my under mentioned queries before I step up for surgery/treatment: 1. Can this tiny stones can be dissolved with out surgery? 2. Can solve this problem by ayurved treatment? and how many time spend in ayurved treatment? You Humble reply is requested in this regard as very much worried and confused. Regards
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012