Abdominal pain, bloating, distention, bulge in the groin area. What could this be?

I have as far as I can remember since late teens, always suffered with lower abdominal trapped wind type sharp pain. I thought it was diet , sometimes it came and went for a week or two or much longer. My stomach gets bloated and distended with it. It gets better if I lie flat, if I wear less tight trousers and sometimes push on the area. It is worse if I sit for long periods and eat, like in a car hunched over or wear restrictive clothing in te area. Over the last few months I have noticed a small bulge in the area of my groin that has previously bothered me. The bulge goes if I lie flat and can get a little less if I push on it. There is something behind the bulge as I can feel something that moves if I push on it. I am on holiday for a week and am now thinking I ve had a hernia I never knew about??
Asked On : Wed, 17 Oct 2012