Abdominal pain after eating. Intestinal TB suspected after US and CT scan. Is surgery necessary?

Good evening Doctor,
My friend ( 28 years old) is suffering from abdomen pain when he ate food. Recently he met the Gastroenterologist who did some tests i.e. ultra sound and CT scan and recently he attended colonoscopy and after suspected that it may be TB due his intestine has some wound and it was closed in some area inside of the intestine. He sent piece of that for biopsy test for further investigation to get clear picture. Also he advised us to go for surgery.

My question is this can normalize by using medicines for certain period or is it mandatory to go for surgery.
Also if we go for surgery is there any future complications. How will be the life of him after surgery.

Also do advise that is it contagious disease.

I would be grateful If I can get reply from you.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013