Abdominal exercises, popping sensation in upper left abdomen, soreness. Cause of worry?

Hello, I recently went to the gym, and I was training my abs (after a long time) pretty hard, and I felt something pop out in my upper left abdomen area, I was worries and when I stood up, and after 5 mins my abs felt normal again, but was still a little sore. I thought this happened because I worked out my abs after awhile, but I tried again today and something similar but less intense happened. Can you please help me? Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 9 Feb 2013