Abdominal cramps, diarrhea. Prescribed cipval. History of acidity, stomach weakness. Medication safe to take?

hi. I experienced abdominal cramps accompanied with diarrhoea yesterday. Doctor suggested cipval 500 mg every 12 hours for 5 days. I have taken only one dose so far. My concern is that i have a weak stomach and often experience acidity and burning. My previous experience with antibiotics hasn t been positive. The last time i was treated for an infection with augminton i experienced severe bloating and dizziness . Can Cipval also cause some side effects? And can i take it for 3 days instead of 5? Further, can this medicine be prescribed without prior tests?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013