95 yr old. Broke back. Should I have her for evaluation for pacemaker?

My mother who is 95 broke her back in 2 places and did well with then the doctor said she needed a pace maker which we didn t do at that time. Now she is confused and doesn t eat/ drink unless I encourage it. She s in a memory care facility and I put her on hospice. Now, I m having second thoughts and wonder if I should have her sent to the hospital for evaluation for a pacemaker. Otherwise, it seems that we are drugging her to death.
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013