9 year old feeling weak, feverish and pain in the throat. Pain in the rib cage while coughing. Need to be checked?

My son is 9 and overall very healthy hardly ever gets sick, this passes Sunday he started to feel weak and got a fever he complained about his throat hurting he also had a headache but then his sore throat seem to be better his fever is controled but he is still feeling weak and claims that it hurts under his left ribcage when he coughs only. Should I be concern, I'm more of a holistic approach to things but wanted to know a dr opinion
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013