8 year child feeling nervous, shaky, tightness in throat, rapid heartbeat. EKG test done. Is it related to thyroid?

My 8 year old daughter has recently been c/o feeling very nervous at tomes. During these times her heart rate is rapid - 140 s, and she is shakey. She also c/o tightness in her throat . These episodes last anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours and have occured 2-3 times a week for 3 weeks. She has had EKG s and 24 hr monitor with no significant findings. She had an elevated TSH . Could these symptoms be related to her thyroid?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012