76 year old suffering from diverticulitis. Severe fatigue. Could this be from low blood sugar levels?

My 76yr-old dad has diverticulitis: and has ALWAYS had to eat every 4 hours or he felt ill, sick, shaky, fainty.. (he was very active). Now about 30mins after he eats he has extreme fatigue and I do MEAN extreme: He sleeps for upto a couple of hours. His blood sugar is ok (recently tested). but his diet AT THE MOMENT has quite a lot of carbohydrate , not much fresh fruit and veg. (He didn t have this problem when I was looking after him after 2 knee replacements) and cooking LOTS of fresh veg and giving lots of fruit. Could he be having low blood sugar after eating bread, pasta, potatoes? He also doesn t seem to have much proper protein at mealtimes as he relies on ready meals and the co-op cafe. Thankyou for listening.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013