7 year old still wetting the bed. How to overcome ?

My 7 and a half year old son still wets the bed nightly. I have limited his fluid intake so he doesn t have anything to drink 3 hours prior to bed time, make him go to the bathroom before bed, and have even woke him up and made him go again. Nothing seems to help and its just not one time during the night, he wakes up soaking wet. Is this normal?It is very frustrating for all of us and I don t know how I can help.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Apr 2011
Psychiatrist, Child 's  Response
check for urine examination, tell me about child's personlaity,(i.e. stuborn, having tentrums,etc), family members (type of family, attitude of family members to his etc).
Add few thing in your behavior therapy -
1. talk with him about his thinking on the wetting,
2. if he also feels sorry and wishes to stop it, than make an agreement of disturbing his sleep by making him fully awake (break up in sleep is must)
3. if there are multiple time wetting, decied the timing of wetting and do the same process that many times.
4. Be consistent in above mentioned practice for minimum 15 days
5. give positive feedback (positive reinforcement ) on every dry night.